Features and Highlights
- A water-based decking oil for bare, pressure treated or preserved decking
- Perfect for all smooth and grooved, softwood and hardwood decking
- Offers up to twice the resistance as standard decking oils
- Excellent water repellency - rainproof in just 90 minutes
- UV filters protect decking from sun damage and colour fade
- Deep penetrating formula provides a long lasting finish
- Replaces natural oils lost through weathering
- Nourishes timber to help prevent cracking, splitting and warping
- Low V.O.C
Ronseal Ultimate Protection Decking Oil will leave decking protected and looking great for longer with a natural or colour tinted finish.
Please note: Ronseal Ultimate Protection Decking Oil is water-based and is therefore not compatible with Ronseal Decking Oil, which is solvent-based.
Decked areas to be treated should be clean, dry and free from traces of dust, dirt, oil, grease, wax and silicone.
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times. Do not apply in damp conditions, when rain is likely, or in temperatures below 10°C.
- Shake the tin thoroughly before pouring the entire contents into a suitable metal or plastic container; if using more than one tin mix them together (Do not thin or dilute)
- Apply liberally to ensure that even penetration and complete coverage of the decking is achieved
- Treat 3-4 decking boards at a time to avoid overlap marks
- Redistribute any excess oil along the decking boards or wipe off with a clean cloth
- Allow 4 hours drying time between coats
- Apply an even second coat as above
To preserve the oiled finish for longer, we recommend that wooden decking is swept with a stiff broom on a regular basis to remove loose leaves, dirt and other organic matter. This prevents a build up of organic matter that can settle on the deck and in the grooves, which can degrade and damage the finish and decking timbers over time.
Inspect the finish on an annual basis and apply a fresh coat of oil as and when required.
Stubborn marks and stains may require a light sanding before re-applying a thin coat of Ronseal Ultimate Protection Decking Oil to the affected area.